Monday, March 9, 2015

✞ Big Black Mariah Goes Clang Boom Steam! (A Tom Waits Tribute!) by Hannabal Marie ✞

Hello Ladies & Gentlefish...
I have a Tom Waits inspired look to show today
I am quite obsessed with Mr. Waits and have been for a loooong time...
so I have made it my duty to create stuff inspired by the man who inspires my insanity! haha!

So today I decided to bring life to one of my favorite songs of all time...

BIG BLACK MARIAH!
 
 "Well cutting through the cane break, rattling the sill
Thunder that the rain makes when the shadow tops the hill
Big light on the back street, hill to ever more
Packing down the ladder with the hammer to the floor
Here come the Big Black Mariah, here come the Big Black Mariah
Here come the Big Black Mariah, I seen the big black Ford

Well he's all boxed up on a red belle dame
Hunted Black Johnny with a blind man's cane
A yellow bullet with a rag out in the wind
An old blind tiger, got an old bell Jim
Here come the Big Black Mariah, here come the Big Black Mariah
Here come the Big Black Mariah, here come the big black Ford

Sent to the skies on a Benny Jag Blue
Off to bed without his supper like a Linda brides do
He got to do the story with the old widow Jones
Got a wooden coat, this boy is never coming home
Here come the Big Black Mariah, here come the Big Black Mariah
Here come the Big Black Mariah, I seen that big black Ford
Cut through the canebrake, oh yeah

Well he's all boxed up on a red belle dame
Flat Blue Johnny with a blind man's cane
A hundred yellow bullets shook a rag out in the wind
An old blind tiger, on a bell you win
Here come the Big Black Mariah, here come the Big Black Mariah
Here come the Big Black Mariah, here come the big black Ford"



Here comes the BIG BLACK MARIAH.....
 

 
I kept to the lyrics to create this look. 

I took inspiration as follows:
-Sent to the skies on the benny jag BLUE. (A Drug Induced Depression..I.E: TEARS!)
-Since this was about a big black hearse, I kept it as dark and “gothic” as possible.
-Since it’s about a CAR…I thought I make some road lips.
-Dressed in all black…like big mariah.
-You can’t see my arm here, but in previous photos….if you look at my hand…I tried to do a snake skin pattern. More importantly, a “canebrake rattlesnake” pattern. (in the lyrics he says: “Cutting through the CANEBRAKE, RATTLING the sill”…I just messed around with the lyrics. So yep.

And lastly, I put myself ALL BOXED UP…in a coffin image on my page as well as a homemade car rear prop to boot. So yep…I’m an obsessed fan who takes her music and makeup quite literally! ;D HA!

...I'm an obsessed fan who takes her music and makeup quite literally! ;D HA!
 

 Why is the hammer on the floor? 
Because...I put the hammer
....to the floor! ;D HA!

 I made this custom car rear-end prop for this look.
I was inspired by ANOTHER song of Tom Waits'. 
"Clang Boom Steam"


 The outfit for Big Black Mariah!

 I liked the effect this image had, so I made a college of it. 
It turned out really amazing, perfect for Big Black Mariah!

 The rear end again.

The lyrics that inspired me were:
"My Baby's So Fine...
...Even Her Car Looks Good From Behind!"

 another outfit shot from the mirror view! Ladies love mirror views!

 I had this shoes for a looooong time. I wanted to do something with 'em, so I put them with the look. Turned out fine. 
I also had these stripped tights, went well with the whole "car" theme. 

another college of another cool image I had. 
 
 another tights/crotch shot. 

 I also did a little gif AND video for you to end this post with!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment