Wednesday, April 22, 2020

𝕁𝕠𝕚𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕝𝕦𝕓--"ᴍᴀʀᴛɪᴀɴ, ᴍᴀʀᴛɪᴀɴ ᴍᴀʀᴛɪᴀɴ", "ʏᴇꜱ, ᴏꜰ Qᴜᴀʀᴛᴢ", "ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ", "ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇ-ᴇʀɪᴀʟ ɢɪʀʟ" & "ᴄᴏʙʙʟᴇʀ ɢᴏʙʙʟᴇʀ!" | Color Club Review (Photos+Swatches)


Hello ladies and gents, 
Today I will be reviewing all 5 of my lovely Color Club Nail Polishes
courtesy of Prismpop & Color Club in my Prismpop Tester Bag. 
Before I get to the swatching, I want to first say how thankful I am for this opportunity to test and review these!

I am HUGE on nail art, I absolutely love the creative aspect of it. I love the subtle AND I love the dramatic. I simply love it all. These will be going straight into my collection and into the creation of some future nails for myself to wear and display. Every little bit will be used, I promise ya! hahaa

First thing I noticed was the bag all my polishes shipped in. I'm pretty rightly obsessed with anything and everything Holographic (or color shifting, etc!) So, when I seen the bag glimmering at me--I knew, right then and there, that I was probably (most definitely!) going to be using mine as a clutch purse for my everyday wear! hahahaa

Packaging secured and nothing broke during transit. Can't stress enough the importance of not having a nail polish bottle bust open all over the place. lmfao

Now that the packaging is out of the way, let's get into the showcase and review.
I hope you guys and gals are as excited as I am!!!

COBBLER GOBBLER♦

This is a pale orange, borderlining on "coral" in contrast. First thing I noticed upon swatching this specific shade was how pigmented it was. The images I included were of 2 coats only. I will admit, before I even put it on my nails--I expected it to be sheer or not as vibrant as straight from the bottle. It was nothing of the brand, but rather the color itself. Orange is a color that I tend to always LOVE to purchase at the store but it sometimes fails to live up to my expectations of it. I have been fooled before by brands promising me true color only to get a veil of thinness that doesn't ever truly hit the bottle shade. BUT Cobbler Gobbler made me EAT my own thoughts. (no pun intended! haha) The coral-esqe orange glided beautifully on my nail, giving me no time at all for "fixing up" the polish like I normally would do. Just two coats and I was seeing TRUE color! I can definitely see myself wearing this shade with some black french tips. It's a color that will go great for summer.

As far as packaging is concerned--the bottles are actually a thing of beauty itself.
The white caps featured their logo but in an acronym--"CC."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♦FEELING UNDER THE WEATHER♦

This is a grey based baby blue shade. Much like the name--it gives me the feeling of being caught under dark stormy rain clouds with a broken umbrella. I'm talking Tom Waits during a massive rain storm trying to sell you a watch in a downpour. hahaa In two coats, you get solid color that mirrors the bottle shade to a perfect "T." It's one of those polishes that, when worn, gives you a nice gloss effect. Which furthers the whole "rainy day" feeling I was getting. lol I can see myself using this color with white french tips. So absolutely breathtaking. The brush it comes with is easy to use, just one stroke and you get full color. "Feeling Under The Weather" is one of those nail polishes that make you want to get a little experimental with your nail art. A nice base for all of your creations, I'd say. A good grey canvas for nail artwork. The bottle is very nice, too. Just a clean, professional glass bottle with their logo. "CC" on top of the white cap, to let you know which polish is which from a bird's eye point of view. Definitely worth the purchase if you like grey based tones. A bit Avant Garde, which is what I live for!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♦MATTE-ERIAL GIRL♦

This is a matte honey brown with an undertone of gold. Talk about 80s Madonna, this is everything that a girl (and boy, baby~) would want. When Cyndi Lauper was singing "Girls just wanna have fun!" She was referring to this nail polish, they just want to have fun doing their nails with this shade, I'm sure. Unlike the other polishes I've tried from Color Club, this specific shade dried in less than a few seconds of application. The mattifying effect was almost instantaneous. It was actually pretty cool to see the liquid turn to matte in seconds flat. As mentioned, this is a brown with gold notes. Hard to capture on photo but definitely one that is there when the sun hits it. I would even say that, when worn, the color shifts around a bit. From a dull brown to that glimmering gold. The bottle definitely shows you that when you play around with it. Speaking of the bottle, unlike the other polishes I recieved, this one came in a frosted bottle. Truly capturing the "matte" aspect of this polish. Application was so simple. No need for tears, because they are for fears. (sorry, I'll stop with the 80s music now! haha) But all silliness aside, it was a lovely polish that dried so very quick. I can see myself wearing it solid AND with other accents. I'm thinking white or black tips. Even perhaps a nude shade of some sort. Very sophisticated and it truly lives up to the name. "MATTE-erial Girl" is one of those polishes you must try at least once or twice. Bring out your inner diva, baby. It's worth it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♦YES, OF QUARTZ♦

This is a glittery crystalline polish with undertones of pink. Unlike the other polishes I've used from Color Club, I actually had to do more than 2 coats to achieve the full effect I had in my photos. But boy, oh boy...was it worth it!!! Definitely buildable, but something to note. I'm assuming this is supposed to be a topper, but still can be worn as a solid color if you work to achieve it. Not a bad thing, of course because as either one of those--I will end up with something absolutely amazing. "Yes, Of Quartz" gives me Stevie Nicks vibes. A bit witchy with the name. As someone who collects rocks and crystals, myself...I appreciate the name tremendously. It really does remind me of a Quartz Crystal and it also inspires me to want to do more "fantasy-like" nail art using this. I can see myself putting one coat on top of my black nail polish or even using this alongside some other colors and embellishments, to create a sort of "Geode" effect. Definitely beautiful, with the color shifting to a light pinky hue in the light. This is one of those MUST HAVES in every nail lovers collection!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♦MARTIAN, MARTIAN, MARTIAN♦

This is a grey based green shade with undertones of a sort of "teal." It truly lives up to the namesake. I instantly thought "Alien" as I was polishing my nails with this color. hahaa I think this has to be one of my favorite "green" polishes I own now, because it's so oddly different from the rest. Not BOLD green but a dulled down, almost "unearthly" hue of a green entity. Truly the color straight from the bottle in just two coats! "Martian, Martian, Martian" would look great as both a solid color or used as an accent to another hue. I can see myself wearing this straight from the bottle but I'm definitely tempted to try some Holo effect using this as a base, I wonder if it would change or if the color would remain?! So beautifully eerie, in my opinion. The bottle it comes in is actually very beautiful, too. Clean and professional, with their white caps. The caps themselves have their brand's acronym "CC" on top. So, you can easily find your Color Club bottles from the rest you might be collecting. Definitely worth a purchase if you like experimental shades.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♦LET'S TRY THEM ON♦

The following images are of my trying these polishes on my own hands.
Sure, you can get an idea from the swatches but you can't really know how they'd look until you "try them on."
Am I right? lol I have white skin with a slight "sandy" undertone. These are how they'd look against my skin. Keep in mind, different skintones give different results. This is just how they'd look on people with my similar shade.

As you can see, all the colors look different when worn. Especially when they are worn together. All at once. Personally, I'd rock this look. Not going to lie. lol

Here is a closer look at the details of the colors! 

They also give me circus/clown vibes, when worn all at once like this.
I am LIVING for that aesthetic, though. I'm not even ashamed nor am I mad. lol <3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♦THE FINAL WORD♦

With all the polishes swatched, I hope I gave them all their justice.
As someone who loves nails and art of all forms, these are truly something I can be proud of in a collection.
These are very different colors than the usual blues and reds that many other collections always tend to have. I'm so sick and tired of seeing the same shade in almost every. single. collection with the exception of one having glitter or not. lol How many reds do you think I need in my household? lol These are thinking outside the box of normality with names just as quirky as the color combo. I have seen a lot of negative reviews on specific shades but I beg to differ. Maybe it's because I love colors of all types, maybe I just like the names (ha) but I am pretty excited to be playing around with my new selected polishes.
xoxo
​​​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment