Monday, February 26, 2018

The Purple Pieman & Sour Grapes Inspired Looks // Hannabal Marie & Detra Domain

Hello ladies and gents, 
me and my brother decided to do some makeup/fashion inspired looks by one cartoon/character my mother was obsessed with growing up--Strawberry Shortcake.

So, yes--this is a mini photoshoot dedicated to our mother. 

Me and my brother Detra Domain decided to take on the duo--
The Purple Pieman & Sour Grapes.
Can you guess which one is meeee? hehheeee

Photos found Via Google.
I fell in love with the character The Purple Pieman when I did a little research on him.
I really love the whimsy and quirkiness he possessed...and my brother really captured Sour Grapes in both an artistic way that tied both him, as a person, and the cartoon into one big amazing work of art. 

Again--just to emphasize; This is a work of INSPIRATION.
We did these two characters in a way that spoke to us.
Also, the duo we are talking about are from the Strawberry Shortcake cartoon in the 80s.

Detra Domain took inspiration from The Jetsons, as well as the look and design of Rita Repulsa.
That retro "space-age" vibe is what was in mind for this specific villainess.
A means of making her more "modern" and "today."

Photo Found via Google. 
I took inspiration from the specific cartoon itself and the work of John R. Dilworth.
Or better know as the man behind Courage The Cowardly Dog.
I wanted to keep to the original but also mix in a little something that would make this be more me.
I like the dark and whimsical, so hence the Dilworth inspiration. lol

Anyways, just ranting.
I'm sure you came to see some photos.
So, shall we get to that now? 

Yes!

Purple Pieman & Sour Grapes. 

She is quite sour~ 
Little Miss Rotten~ 
Pie Like You Berry Much.
The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak.
Wanna Try Some Of My....PIE? It's POISONberry! 
Of course I had to do a few random goofy shots. lmfao
PIES! PIES! SO MANY DELICIOUS PIES!!!!!!!!! 
And that is all.
Like I said, just a mini little photoshoot in respects to one of my mother's favorite cartoons growing up.
Also, me and Detra have been wanting any little reason to do stuff together--so here we did. hahaa

I loved how these two turned out.
I can't wait to see what our art does next~ <3

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment