Monday, December 31, 2018

Goodbye 2018--Hello FUTURE!



I know it isn't 2019 just yet, with my timezone and everything but I know that as soon as I blink, a new year will be already here. Time keeps flying and it hasn't stopped yet but that's life, right? I am bitter-sweet about 2018--it started out pretty horrible but it's ending fairly okay. I am not going to keep you reading a long detailed post about silly resolutions or things that could have been but didn't...no, it's no use to ponder on the "what ifs" and "should haves", in my honest opinion but I know what I know now and I can waltz into 2019 with a better sense of judgement and so much more knowledge. If ever a year was made up of battling and fighting--2018 was definitely mine. I fought to get to where I am and truth being told, I am still fighting. I fought against negative forces trying to bring me down and belittle me and mine. Negativity in the beginning of the year, negativity in the middle--it wasn't until I decided to continue to fight for my own best interest, that everything started to change. I was at a point where giving up felt a decent idea...but something in me, with the help of my family and friends, kicked me back into shape and kept me moving forward. Now, I have so much to look forward to. I haven't even acknowledged what I'm talking about due to fear of saying something too soon and having things fail. But all I will say is that me and my brother are working, have been working, on some amazing things for this near future. Our skills and talents have been recognized by a few companies and we are coming together to see where this future takes us. I may not be entirely free from harms way but I know that if I can go through the bullshit I had to endure in years previous, I can go through anything! I know 2019 will be better for me and mine because only until now has a fire been lit under me to want to make a change and take my craft/skills/hobbies/talents seriously. Aside from physical skills and things of this nature--I also know who is around at this very moment, those who make a difference in my life and those who shine hope down on me...I know who you are and I just want to say I appreciate your efforts, deeply. Thank you for being here, for as long as we've known each other! Thank you for putting up with me, supporting me and inspiring me to be a better artist each and every day. Some don't see "likes" as anything other than food for attention hungry people to obtain...but I can't stress how GREAT it feels to see them on my work, to look at it being appreciated. The comments telling me how great it is or how I blew them away. It really makes me feel good to know that someone, across the globe even, seen my work and loves it...instead of just making it in my bedroom and pinning it on my bedroom walls for no one to ever see. lol But enough with the sappy stuff, let's hold our heads up high and embrace 2019!! We got this everyone!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment