Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Record of My Vinyl by Potter // Hannabal Marie

Hello ladies and germs
Today I bring you a review of a book I recently received in the mail--
A Record Of My Vinyl.

To sum it all down, 
It's a music junkies best friend!
We all could use a little help to keep track of our tracks! lol

 Regardless of your musical status and preference, 
this journal is quite essential. 

 

It has so much included; 
From space for cataloguing your details and liner notes, 
to tips for cleaning and maintaining a serious collection.
I like that it gets into detail with the condition of the record,
allowing you tips and tricks for the care and aftermath of the album.

I am only beginning to collect Vinyl.
My parents have collected their whole life but this is the first for me, personally.
I have quite a few records to my name, 
so being able to jot down some notes or write down memories 
about a specific record is really and truly amazing. 

There is also a section of the journal that gives you information on 
evaluating the vinyl for resale from Goldmine's vetted rating system.
Personally for me, my albums are for pure pleasure.
I don't have no interest in sales but who knows what the future holds--
great information is still great information. 


Another section of the book consists of perforated wish lists that you can tear out 
and take with you to the shop.
I really like this feature because sometimes I get an idea of a certain album to get 
and I will forget it altogether.
So, being able to jot it down and keep for memory sake is so great. 

I also want to mention the design and look of this book.
I am in LOVE with the detail on the cover.
The front cover has a record that actually feels like a real record with the grooves etched on it.
Also, lovely quotes grace the insides of this book as well.
From people like Jack White, talking about how important Vinyl is in his life.


I really loved this little book journal, I couldn't pass it up.
I'm so thrilled to put it alongside my collection
because if I know myself as well as I think I do, 
I truly believe this little gem will come in handy for my records.
I am planning to purchase a few book shelves and boxes to store my records in.
And thus, my future of obsessed collecting is foretold in vinyl. 
and I need a book that will help me keep track of it all.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment