Sunday, September 29, 2019

☻JUNJI ITO'S BLACKBIRD by Hannabal Marie☻

Hello ladies and gents, 
Another inspired Junji Ito look--Blackbird. 
One of my personal favorite characters. 
So, I wanted to make sure I did her justice. 

Blackbird was one of the first stories I ever read from Junji Ito.
Someone made an insult about how I resembled the character when I smiled--so, being the curious cat I was, I looked into it. 
Despite the insult, I took it more as a flattering compliment.
I became obsessed with her. 
The way she looked and how she was so creepy without needing
anything other than her wide smile. 

I have wanted to attempt a look based on her but never got around to doing so. 
With so many positive comments on the others I've done, I thought I'd bring Blackbird to life now.
Enough chatting--
allow me to show you what I've done.


BLACKBIRD INSPIRED LOOK
As mentioned above, this is something that has been in the back of my head for quite some time.
After the other two I've done and with the amount of positive feedback, I knew this was the perfect opportunity to do her justice. In truth, this isn't my best work but I do like the outcome a lot. I plan to do recreations of everything that I feel needs recreating--including this look. I have a few ideas in mind with better photo ops for the future but for now, let us just relish in the spooky! 
Come to the woods often?
A smile that could kill~ 
I found myself a man! <3 
Like the talons? I wanted to go for a more "bird-like" claw rather than black ones.
I think I captured that Junji Ito smile pretty well~ 

Can't wait to eat you~ 
Spotlight on this birdy woman~
This has to be my personal favorite shot. <3 

Caught youuuu~

Kiss me, pretty boy~ 

Devour your soul.

Hello there~ 

Blackbird singing in the dead of night.

Loved how my shadow looked in the room~ 

Ke Ke Ke Ke KE Ke KE KE KE KE KE

THE VIDEO
I also made a mini video to really capture the look of this character. I hope you enjoy~ 
  Thank you, that is all for this post. 
I can't wait to try my hand at other characters.
As I said, there are a few I would like to recreate 
and others I'd like to design using other artistic styles and means. 
Including Blackbird again. 

But until then, enjoy what I have now. :)
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment