Wednesday, January 2, 2019

💛The Golden Years (New Years Makeup Collaboration w/ Ghost Lee) | Hannabal Marie💛



Hello ladies and gents
Aside from the gentleman look I created in a previous post HERE
I also created a flapper look inspired by New Years vintage postcards, as well.

This was an actual collaboration between me and Ghost Lee Art!
I chose to do a vintage inspired look that is supposed to represent the New Years in the past, 
while he did a more modern future approach.
Together, we have the PAST & FUTURE! 

"Go thou thy way and I go mine,
Apart, yet not afar; 
Only a thin veil hangs between
The pathways where we are"

💛ON MY EYES:
Smoke & Mirrors Woman Power Palette using the shade: Gold
Smoke & Mirrors Hocus Pocus Palette using the shade(s): Rusty Orange, Red
Ben Nye Clown White for Highlights & Minor Detailing.
ELF Liquid Eyeliner in Black

💛ON MY LIPS:
Lime Crime Velvetines Liquid Lipstick in: Salem
Smoke & Mirrors Long Lasting Matte Finish Lipstick in: Metallic Gold (as Highlight)

💛ON MY FACE:
Foundation: Wet n Wild Photo-focus in Porcelain
Contour/Highlight: Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour 
& Ben Nye Clown White for Highlight.
Setting Powder: Airspun in Translucent.
Revlon: Powder Blush in Mauvelous
The hat is so beautiful.
I am so lucky to have found it with two beautiful authentic flapper dresses at my local thrift store. 
I wanted a reason to take a photo with my plastic toy phonograph.
It holds some of my rings and earrings. It also plays a cute little tune when you wind it up.
Just messing around with my shawl. lol
The sequins on my dress was reflecting on my bedroom wall.
Honestly, this is something that happens every day of my life. I'm a flashy kinda gal~ 
Anddd another mug-shot. 
The makeup is just a simple Flapper look--deep-set eyes, tiny little mouth and stenciled eyebrows. 
I used colors that, to me, resembled old vintage photographs--Golden yellows and rusted coppers.

The garb I wore for this photo set of images all came from a little vintage boutique here in town.
The hat came from another outfit set I purchased myself but felt like adding into this specific look.

The dress has the shawl already attached to it, you are supposed to put bangles on your wrists and thread the ends of the shawl through them, so you can move your arms freely with ease, but I didn't feel like doing that for this look.
I plan to showcase the other dress soon, but wanted to get this look done first and foremost.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment