Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Karmeleon [Makeup Inspired by Culture Club for Pride Month 2019]


 Hello ladies and gentlemen. 
Sorry for the delay. Facebook is restricting me from posting on my actual page due to the "high potential reach" I have and because of such, they want me to verify my identity by doing several verifications. 

Now, it's not that I can't verify I'm real, it's just that people back in the Facebook headquarters like to take their sweet-a$$ time to follow through with what THEY have to do on THEIR end. I've been waiting for several days now to get some "generated code" sent to me so I could post again but alas, I am still waiting for some confirmation. It's probably not going to happen anytime soon, so I will just post now. June is ending fast and I need to post something for the sake of Pride and this is my look for this year. 





Karmeleon. 
(Inspired by Karma Chameleon by Culture Club)

"Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams.
Red, gold, and green. Red, gold, and green!!"

This Month's Pride look was inspired by Culture Club. Bright colors and Chameleons! Love is such a powerful thing. It can give strength in moments of doubt. It can move mountains of problems and change how we feel in a moments instance. Love shows us that we are worth it. That we are not alone. That we can and will succeed. To love and to BE loved is what we, as humans, strive to achieve. No matter who we are or what we do...at the end of life's road, all we will have left is our memories and our love. The love from a significant other, a family member, brother or sister. The love we possess as a unit fighting for our right TO love. The love we should share as opposing individuals who should realize that love is more important than hate. All of this is what separates us as human beings...but why should it separate us at all? We all bleed, we all cry and we all share similar feelings. If we hurt, will we not react? If we are pushed, will we not act out? And if we are restrained, will we not revolt? Love is and will always be love. I choose to love AND to defend love, always. 🧡💛💚💙💜
My single black tear is for all the deceased people whose only "crime" or "sin" was loving someone. I love you all so so much!!
I was inspired by the Culture Club, Oingo Boingo and bright vivid colors.


 The Creation of the Chameleons! 
I spent several hours perfecting my chameleons over warm coffee and Oingo Boingo tunes.

I was originally going to do a black/white to Rainbow look but decided that I would go full rainbow with these guys. One is the basic rainbow shades, the other is a warped acid look. idk lol I blame Oingo Boingo for that one. hahaa
Better details on my acid-looking one.
Better details on my traditional rainbow one.
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Not my "best" work but good enough for such a lovely occasion! 
I love the tiny hands. lol
I actually didn't know what I was going to do for the hair. All I knew was that I wanted the little critters to be on my head. Somehow, in some way. So, I decided to make a headdress using them. I wrapped my hair with a green scarf and added some purple flowers, as well.


Fingerpainting Some Backgrounds

I also did a few backgrounds for this specific look.
Thought I'd add them all in this post, just to show-case them all.
Some didn't make the cut but they are worth a post, if I do say so myself.
I just went with how I was feeling at the moment
and apparently, red was prominent in this one. lol
All created using paints with my dainty little fingers.
No real idea in mind, just put finger to paint and went crazy.

I ended up using this one. I love the spurts of colors. Perfect for this look, I thought.


I like the bathroom shots, too. Lets you see everything for what it is, in the raw bathroom light.

This scarf is really one of my favorite thrifted finds! 

I threw on every. single. shade. of. color. for this look.

And one more shameless "selfie", why not? lol





And that, ladies and gents, is all I have for this year.
I was planning to do so much if I was able to post this sooner.
I wasted soooo many hours/days waiting for that damn special "code" Facebook was supposed to send me. I had nail ideas in mind, maybe 2 other looks. I really wanted to do more for Pride Month 2019 but at least I got this out in time. Before the month was completely over.
I think it was for the best, I've been over-working myself lately.
All is well that ends well, right?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment