Monday, May 19, 2014

The Phantom Of Onibaba (Makeup look for contest)

Hello ladies and gents
A while back I decided to partake in a contest that the famous Pinkstylist created called "Creature Double Feature". The idea was to get two 1980s or past Horror/Sci-fi movies and create something based off of them both. Like mashing them together. 

My mind went straight towards something inspired by the old 1925 Phantom of the Opera. I've always fancied that grotesque type of Phantom face and well, I went ahead and attempted a recreation (if you will). I wanted something else to go with it (which is also part of the contest!) so I found another movie that fit into the 1980 time frame which was called "Onibaba" Honestly I can state that I don't know a thing about the movie, other than the fact the mask from it was perfect for my phantom mask. It went beautifully with it.

The following links will help to explain these movies in detail, if you don't know them already.

The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

I would explain them myself but why waste what Wiki was made for! 


The products I used were the following:
Wet N Wild- Liquid eyeliner in Black
Ebay palette unknown name- Brown, Black, White, Grey and Red shades. 
Mehron- Clown White

Extras-
Computer Paper Horn
Contact Lense
Neck piece by me
White Glove

I also created a short vid for this look. Nothing special, just doing the entry. 
If you wish to take a look, you can find it HERE

Anywho, onto the actual look:





I had to do a "sign" to verify me being real, so I did. :P

Anywho, that is all for now. 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment