Friday, May 11, 2018

Goblin Market Inspired Look // Hannabal Marie





Hello ladies and gents
I am bringing you another lovely makeup look/Art concept.
This one is inspired by one of my favorite poems:
Goblin Market

"Come buy our orchard fruits,
Come buy, come buyyy..."


Basically, to sum up the story...
Two sisters; Laura and Lizze.
They hear the sounds of the goblin fruit market from their house.
At first they try to ignore the enticing calls of the goblin men 
but eventually Laura decides to go out and see what's happening.
They entice her and she eats from the fruit. 

They leave and never return to her, 
but her sister Lizze starts to hear the sounds and asks her sister if she hears it, too...
to which Laura says she can not.
Lizze gets caught up in the call and ends up in the same boat as Laura 
but her ending is a bit more chaotic. 

She sees her sister being so sad and depressed about not being able to hear the call 
and tries to go out and buy some fruit for her forlorn sister 
only to have the goblin men threaten her to eat the fruit herself 
and not to take it back to her sister. 
She tries to bring some back, but the Goblin men attack her and end up...
ehem...doing things to her...ehem. 

I don't recall the full ending but basically, she goes back home all bruised and beaten
and that is where the story ends.
There is a meaning behind this poem, a reason behind this story--
but I shall leave the deciphering for you to do and just keep this strictly art. lol

Also, I probably chopped up the story but the gist is there.
If you are curious about it, I put a link to the full poem in the title name above.

Anyways, here are my photos that were inspired by the poem. 

I handmade all the "goblin men" on my shoulders and head out of paper mache.
I looked up some art examples of this poem and the vintage takes on it really stood out to me the most..so, I wanted to keep the feel of that specific art style in my work. 


I love this photo. I love the expression on my face in particular.
It kind of gives me an old vintage feel and also, the face of god. 
Here is a close-up of one of my paper mache Goblin's! 
I lightly dusted some peachy hues and red tones over my cheeks, nose and chest.
For that flushed blushing look.
It also gives the illusion of a coy and shy female on the verge of climax.
Of course I had to do something involving a banana to represent the goblin's perversion. 

If you will not sell me any of your fruits, though much and many...give me back my silver penny. 
I really wanted to make these goblin guys some hands, to really sale the concept a bit more like they are grabbing me...but I didn't have much time and forgot. lol I might recreate the look one day or something but for know, 'tis enough.

I made the mushrooms on the goblins look like penis plants. lol 

Come buy our fruits, come buyyyy....

They held her hands and squeezed their fruits against her mouth to make her eat. 
...would not open, lip from lip...lest they should cram a mouthful in...

...Laughed in heart to feel the drip of juice that syrupp'd all her face... 

...And lodged in dimples of her chin and streaked her neck which quaked like curd...
...worn out by her resistance, flung back her penny and kicked their fruit...
And that is all for now.
It was one of those kind of projects that I have always wanted to create but lacked the resources and items to make it happen.
A single trip to the thrift store helped to achieve all this.
I found the plastic fruits, naughty lady coin and the leaves in a single trip.
I instantly knew I was going to create this look the moment I gathered all my materials, so I am beyond happy to bring one of my creations to life.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment